So, after watching the episode of Good Eats with Alton Brown (above), I decided I could take his recipe and make my own organic marshmallow. Yes, it can be done!
Here are the ingredients listed on The food Network:
- 3 packages unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup ice cold water, divided
- 12 ounces granulated sugar, approximately 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Nonstick spray
- Go Bio Organic Gelatin (haven't seen this in stores, just online)
- Wholesome Sweetners Organic Sugar
- Wholesome Sweetners Organic Light Corn Syrup
- Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
- Wholesome Sweetners Organic Powdered Sugar
- Rapunzel Organic Corn Starch
- Pam Organic Non-Stick Spray
I must warn you, after you've had these, a store bought marshmallow will never enter your house again! Pair this with some organic hot chocolate and you have a delicious treat!
If you have any other yummy organic recipes for the Holidays, let us know!